Saturday 11 August 2007

One hath returnethed.


Upon arriving across the Scottish border we were greeted by rain, wind, and a temperature of 13*C. Compared to brilliant sunshine, no sea breeze and temperatures of 34*C, this was a helluva contrast. I rather enjoyed our holiday, taking in Bristol, Bath, Arboretums and other places of interest was rather fun, and aided by the gorgeous weather made it all the more holiday-like. Saying that, its nice to be home, to see the dogs again and get into a comfy bed etc. 34*C was a bit hot at times, especially when walking around the warmth of a forest. I'll post as I go along about my holiday, I've been up since 4am this morning, and its now 9.30pm. Sleeeep.


Bath has jumped to the second of my favourite cities. Architecturally, the stone which every building is crafted from is gorgeous and sunny in colour, whole city matches. Bath Cathedral is out of this world. The stone work detail in the ceilings is awesome, and to think it was all hand-crafted is something else. Also the grave plates and name plates carved into the walls and floor, (I've always had a fansination with graves and thinks, call me morbid but hey) are beautiful and intricate. There was one that read, "Rest In They Peace, Manly Power." I know I shouldnt have but I found it quite humourous... *shrugs*


Excuse the dodgy quality of these pictures, my camera decided to break on me and I had to use my telephone instead. I love the one of the Bath building in the middle thooough. The past 5 weeks have flown by, I cant quite believe its nearing the end of our holidays. There's always the October ones to look forward to now..

No comments: