Tuesday 14 August 2007

Sketchbook In The Cheese Drawer.


Its WeeUs innnit lol. I should patent... Anyway. I haven't drawn much over the past week and a bit, mainly because I've misplaced my sketchbook. Not happy abut it, I think it quite possibly could be in the greenhouse but I haven't checked yet. (Saying that, my phone turned up in the fridge the other day so heaven knows.) My 'Stranraer Academy Reunion' drawing was in it and I want it back in once piece, so here's hoping. As I was saying, haven't drawn much except the three figures above which have already been transferred onto my wall. Even if James looks like he's dressed in plastic sheeting...


The second above picture was taken from across the River Avon in Bath -I think, I'm not good with geology and geography- of one of the very few bridges to have shops both sides. Although the water looks green and very murky, it is in fact crystal clear and drinkable, or so the boatman said. Not that I fancied it, there were ducks swimming about eating small fish in it... Scrummy.

It has rained constantly since we got back. It was dry for about two hours yesterday but other than that its rain all the way. The soft rain where you get absolutely soaked, according to Peter Kay anyway. I really should stop watching comedy DVDs. Going to my head. And why do my sentences. Seem to be. Getting shorter. By the. Word? Not sure.

Speaking of sentences, I have found a quote that I rather think sums up what I'd be like if I ever do become a teacher. It just reminds me of the kinda thing I'd say, and I ha vent yet figured if that's a good thing or bad-
"Genius does what it must, talent does what it can, and you had best do what you're told."

I like it.

1 comment:

Liz O'Neill said...

Perhaps james needs to be dressed in plastic sheeting...

I plan to copy the weemee pictures. They are great!