Wednesday 25 July 2007

The Great British... Summer?


As I've said before, my holidays have consisted of the Cotswolds and Worcestershire for as long as I can remember. The weather is always gorgeous and sunny with no sea breeze to put a chill in the air. However, this year tells of a different story. The Midlands of England are currently under water from numerous burst rivers and days of heavy rain, motorways are backed up beyond recognition and millions of homes are without power. This years Holiday is going to be a rather interesting one I can tell you that. I will try and blog it all the way, if I can get to an Internet cafe that hasn't flooded...

Here's the Holiday 07 Plan-
-Get there with both cars intact and dry.
-Cross Evesham Bridge without being swept away.
-Hope that Sedgeberrow hasn't been swept away.
-Remember my ridiculous amount of books.
-Read some of the books.
-Bristol.
-Bath.
-See Aunty Fairy whos 99 in Taunton.
-Find an Internet Cafe.
-Read something Poolside.
-Bourton-on-the-Water, even if it may be Bourton-under-Water.
-Cheltenham.
-Resist urge for Wellies.
-An Arboretum.
And goodness knows what else.

Over the past few days I really have done nothing. Its terrible. I've never known a Summer holiday to be soo dull in all my life. Although, saying that it gives me plenty of time to read and draw, cannae complain. Although I frequently do... There's just nothing to report! The exciting-est thing that's happened to me in the last few days was getting stung by a bee upon discovering a hive in the hedge. The bee's werent too chuffed either...


On a lighter note, Larbrax beach the other day. Lovely.

[VOTE SUSAN COOKSON FOR BEST ACTRESS IN THE NTAs 07.]

2 comments:

Liz O'Neill said...

That is a gorgeous photograph of Labrax. Jemma, your photos are excellent! You should be looking at professional photography for a career. Either that or journalism :)

Hope your holiday is fun! I'll watch out to see if you manage to get connected...

Jemma said...

Thankyou, I dunno I just seem to be with my camera in the right place at the right time. :)

I'l keep an eye out for places I can get a connection, but if not I'll just keep a good ole' fashioned diary style thing and post bits when I get back.